Wednesday, January 2, 2013

52 Goals for 2013

My biggest goal for 2013 is to record, and record EVERYTHING. I plan on getting serious about my blog, writing in my regular journal, scripture journal and keeping a gratitude jar. These are some of the most important years of my life and I want to make sure I can look back on this time and accurately remember it for myself and for friends, family, and generations to come. I'm learning lessons, trying new things, experiencing different obstacles and overcoming many trials. It's what is happening right now that is shaping who we all are and what is to come.

There is so much in life that I want to do. With a new year coming up, why not start now? With 52 weeks in a year, 52 goals sounds like a great idea. Talent, traveling, reading, physical activity, there are so many things I want to accomplish in this life and 2013 is going to be the start of it!

Talent
1. Take singing lessons
2. Learn how to play the piano
3. Learn how to play the drums
4. Better myself on the guitar
5. Perform a musical talent in front of a crowd
6. Post a video on YouTube and Facebook of me performing
7. Form a band (if even for one day)

Skills
8. Crochet a blanket
9. Cook a full meal for someone else
10. Sew a dress and wear it in public
11. Sew something and give it away (for example: Pajamas, baby blanket, etc.)
12. Practice/better my Spanish
13. Build something with my own two hands
14. Grow something (hello garden!)

Traveling
15. Go camping (tent and sleeping bag)
16. Take a road trip up the West Coast
  17. -Go to Alcatraz
  18. -Drive across the Golden Gate Bridge
19. Visit the Sis in Hawaii
20. Attend a baby blessing in Idaho
21. Go to General Conference, again
22. Visit a temple in a different state 

Reading
23. The Bible (Old and New Testament)
24. Doctrine and Covenants
25. Pearl of Great Price
26. The Infinite Atonement
27. Jesus the Christ
28. The Miracle of Forgiveness
29. The Harry Potter Series

Physical
30. Surf
31. Hiking (a lot more of it!)
32. Run a 5K
33. Snowboarding
34. Ride my bike to the beach and back

Entertainment
35. Have a Full Day Harry Potter Marathon
36. Watch all of the Lord of the Rings movies
37. Go to a college football game

Lending a Hand
38. Work with a charity/foundation
39. Help plan a wedding

Giving
40. Give a gift that can never be repaid
41. Donate clothes I no longer wear
42. Donate shoes I can no longer wear
43. Give my crocheted blanket away
44. Bring the Gospel into someone's life (or back into someone's life)
45. Perform the "12 Days of Christmas" giving project for someone

Friendship
46. Forgive and Forget
47. Consistently write a friend until the end of their mission
48. Send random letters and cards to my friends and family throughout the year

Recording
49. Write more regularly in my journal
50. Post on my blog more frequently
51. Keep a gratitude jar and read it all on New Years next year
52. Save my coins throughout the year and see how much I have saved at the end of 2013

Throughout this journey it is my hope that I will experience new adventures, grow in ways I could have never imagined, and truly better myself as a person. A year is a long time, and with attainable goals, it will be easier to become who I want to be at the end of 2013.

I hope to be able to take all of you on this journey with me, keeping you up to date with words and pictures. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do! Happy New Year!

Other randoms to try: (This list will continue to grow...)
1. Paint balling
2. Skydiving (I just need someone to go with me!)
3. Fishing
4. Boxing
5. Six Flags Magic Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment