Monday, March 21, 2011

The Life of a Workaholic

Soo.. Work. Kari is one of my best friends and the entire time I've been home, I've been working my butt off and Kari calls me a workaholic, and I'm ok with that.

As stated in my last blog, I got home from Idaho 5/5:30AM on Sunday and started working Monday, babysitting, seems easy right?
Well, since I've been home, I've been:

Babysitting- specific days of the week on a weekly basis (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays) as well as spontaneous days and times throughout the week
Chauffer- My aunt had shoulder surgery (yeah, try saying that five times fast, GOOD LUCK!) so I drove her to and from work 5 days a week for 7 weeks and helped her with her actual work: grading papers, tests, in putting grades, organizing, etc.
Nanny- Talk about crazy! I was a nanny for 8 weeks and decided, it was too much. I went into work on Friday at 6pm and didn't leave until Sunday and 10PM. It was really hard to leave the family because it was twins, 5 years old, a boy and girl, and they were sweet at times, and I was really being paid to be their mother, so to cut those ties, were, believe it or not, kind of hard, but definitely what I needed to do.
Cleaning- I have helped my friends keep their apartment clean throughout the week, but it's been fun because I get to talk and work side by side with my friend as we're doing it. Nothing brings you closer than cleaning!
Personal Assistant- I am a personal assistant for my formal dance teacher who is a National Make-Up Artist for Smashbox Cosmetics, and let me tell you people, I LOVE IT! It has been so much fun and it's so much fun to be able to spend time with her again and because I have worked with her, I have other work opportunities including:
Smashbox- I am actually employed at Smashbox Cosmetics doing different things here and there that they need done, including helping plan and organize for a big photo event, I loved it! I have already learned so much and have fallen even more in love with make-up and LA.
Also! Personal Assistant- for another Make-up artist and helping her get a business going, I'm looking forward to it!
And that's not all! I have had the opportunity to help my old dance teacher get her own personal business with her brother started, I love this stuff people. Office work, is believe it or not, fun!

I have been working really hard and for the most part, loving every minute of it. Being home has been such a big learning experience and such an adventure. Work or no work, it has definitely been one of the biggest 3-month rollercoasters of my life, but I am very excited to see where all of this leads!

I have been keeping myself super busy and as Kari stated, I really am a workaholic. Any chance I get to work, I'll take it! I even at one point went 3 and a half weeks without a single day off, I was so excited when I finally had a day off, I almost didn't know what to with myself.

BUT that's all I have to say for now.

XOXO
Christin Grace

PS,
Please excuse my horrible writing skills in this blog, I was rushing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment